Learn how retargeting works for affiliate marketing business

Learn how retargeting works for affiliate marketing business

Do you want to know how you can create custom audience for retargeting? Read this retargeting guide for beginners.

THE RULE OF 7 

There is this RULE OF 7 - it says that a prospect needs to see or hear your marketing  message at least seven times before they take some kind of action or buy from you. This is why you need retargeting in your business.  And that's how you can leverage retargeting. 

When you sending traffic to your squeeze page you will get at most 40 % conversion rate - what about other 60 % of the people who saw your opt in page but did not subscribe? You do not want to lose them right? 

This is why we use retargeting!

Adding retargeting pixel to your squeeze page

Usually when you send solo ad traffic to your squeeze page you will get at most 40 % conversion rate. But what about the other 60 % ! of the people who visited your page  but did not opt in? You do not want to lose them right? 

This is why we use retargeting!

This is what you must do when you create your lead capture page  - you must add Facebook retargeting pixel to your squeeze page and now you are able to retarget those 60 % using Facebook Ads.

You need to get your retargeting pixel first

The first thing you need to do to get started retargeting is to sign up with a retargeting ad agency to run your ads. 
There are many available, with some of the most popular being:

  • Facebook;
  • Google Adwords;
  • AdRoll;
  • Perfect Audience;

Retargeting technically works by embedding a small piece of code, called a tracking pixel, on the website that you are retargeting.  Your ad agency will then be able to track exactly who visits that site and then show them your related ads in other places around the internet.

This  is Called “Ad Retargeting” And It Can Completely Transform The Way You Do Business Online!

Ad retargeting lets you reconnect with a visitor who has left a site without buying anything. It works by tracking visits to your site.

When somebody visits your site (if you have a retargeting code), a “message” gets sent back to sites you advertise on.

Instead of just seeing random ads visitors to your site will now see specifically those ads that YOU WANT THEM TO SEE.

The difference is this:

Instead of showing your ads to random people, you’re now showing them to an audience of people who have already been to your site.

Create FB Ads and retarget everyone who was previously engaging with your regular NOT PROMOTIONAL posts (people who liked, commented or shared) - this is how you will be able to sell your affiliate offers or your own products much faster and with very small advertising budget.

But first you need to create custom audience using data collected by Facebook from your Facebook Pixel (remember - you added Facebook retargeting pixel top your lead capture page - now we use these data to create custom audience for retargeting).

How to Create A Facebook Custom Audience For Retargeting / Remarketing Ads (Pixel)

Enter your text here...Go to Create New Audience - Custom Audience - Website Traffic

Retargeting guide - How to create custom audience

Next choose - People who visited specific web pages

Different audiences for your capture page and for your thank you page.

Retargeting : Different audiences for your capture page and for your thank you page.


Also I would recommend to create separate audiences for your capture page and for your thank-you page. So we basically separate audiences:

  • one audience is for your capture page visitors
  • one audience is for your Thank You page visitors

Why? Because those audiences will be used for different reasons.
So, for example, your capture page audience will be retargeted to build your list and basically you are going to use lead magnet.
While the strategy with your Thank You page audience will be a bit different - you will build relationship with them and they will know you, so you will retarget them and just simply promote them other offers.

Now just click Create audience and that is it.  Now Facebook populates our audience and usually it takes about 10 to 15 minutes, but once it's done - you can go and create your ad.

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below 0 comments

Leave a Reply: